The Grand Island Highway Department provides a wide variety or services including:
- Issue permits for work to be performed in Town Highway right-of-ways. For example: Curb cuts Driveway culvert permits Road push or boring permits Open road cuts Power and telephone pole location permits and gas line permits.
- Snow and ice removal on all Town roads and roads owned by Erie County which are done under contract.
- The upkeep of all Town owned roads. For example: Paving Patching - hot patching in summer, cold patching in winter Road striping.
- Road sweeping on Town roads, curbed areas mostly.
- Roadside mowing of Town roads.
- Traffic control sign installation and maintenance.
- Maintenance of roadside ditches. For example: Roadside ditching Installing driveway culverts-by permit Installing pipe across the premises-by permit.
- Maintenance for Town vehicles for all Town departments.