Grand Island Town Court has jurisdiction of anyone 16 years and older and hears misdemeanor and violation cases only. We have no jurisdiction to prosecute felony charges but can arraign a case with felony charges and hold a felony hearing. Assistant District Attorneys are in our court and represent the people of the State of New York on Wednesday evenings, as well.
Anyone wanting to file a Small Claim application can do so Monday thru Friday 9:00am to 11:00am and the filing fee must be paid in cash at the time of filing the claim. The fee for a claim $1,000 or under is $10 and for anything over $1,000 is $15. The maximum claim allowed is $3,000 in a small claim action. A Corporation cannot use a Town Court for a Small Claim action; they must go to the nearest City Court. The court supplies the application and a Small Claim Booklet with procedures on Small Claims.
- Filing small claims - 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. Monday to Friday
- Payment of fines - 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday to Friday
- Court Sessions - Wednesday - 5:30 p.m. (Criminal Matters) - 6:30 p.m. (Traffic Matters)
- Small claims hearings - 6:00 p.m. Wednesday
- Phone (716) 773-9600 ext. 650 or 652
- Fax (716) 775-3527
- Dept. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org